ALL IN GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL FALL LEAGUE REPORT
WEEK 2: Week 2 of the ALL IN Girls High League got off to a great start with 17 Games, 33 teams and over 325 girls participating this past Sunday at Joy of the Game in Deerfield. Here is the recap of all the games of the Varsity and 9th/10th Grade League.
Week 2 High Scorers:
- Nicole Gardiner (Maine South)- 16 points
- Ella Gilbertson (2020, Lake Zurich- 15 points
- Andie Will (2022 AIA Kahleaf/Prospect)- 15 points
- Sarah JnoBaptiste (Storm)- 15 points
Week 2 Game Recaps:
- Lynx (39) def Maine South Red (37)- This was an exciting back and forth game that came down with the Lynx hitting a 3 while down 2 points with 1.4 seconds to go to take the lead and victory. Maine South Red ran a great play for a 3 but fell just short. Both teams played extremely hard and well. The Lynx were led by Lake Zurich junior Ella Gilbertson with 15 pts including the game winning 3 pointer. Maine South Red was led by Nicole Gardiner with 16 pts.
- Rolling Meadows (48) def Hustle A (37)- Rolling Meadows got out to an early lead with some hot shooting from the perimeter and never looked back. Hustle A kept trying to chip away at the lead, but could not get the game within reach. All 9 girls scored for Rolling Meadows which was led by Senior Lily Greifenstein with 13 pts on 3 3-pointers. Hustle A was led by Eliot Dojurek with 13pts and Kamsi Nwogu with 10 pts.
- AIA Kahleaf (32) def The Pirates (27)- This was a close game throughout. AIA Kahleaf was led by Andie Will (2022, Prospect) with 15 pts. The Pirates had a balanced scoring attack with 8 girls getting into the scoring column.
- Maine South White (58) def Highland Park- Maine South White got off to a hot start and had all 9 girls hit the scoring column. Maine South White was led by Senior Nicole Scales with 14 points and Niki Manolis with 13pts. Highland Park who was short handed kept battling. They were led by Senior Maddie Abrams with 11 pts.
- Hersey (45) def New Trier Green (36)- This was a great back and forth battle all game. Hersey pulled away at the end of the game. Hersey was led by Emily Collins with 13 points. New Trier was led by Ava Zaslavsky with 11 pts on 3 -3pointers.
- Lake Forest (35) def Glenbrook South (28)- Both teams were short handed this game bu competed hard throughout the game. Lake Forest was led by seniors Grace Tirzmalis who had 11 pts on 3 3-pointers and Ellie Pearson with 10 pts. Glenbrook South was led by Eden Frick with 11 pts on 3 3-pointers.
- City 1 (31) def Buffalo Grove (28)- In another low scoring game, Caroline York led the CIty 1 team with 11pts on 3 3-pointers. Buffalo Grove had 6 girls hit the scoring column for their balanced attack.
- Storm (44) def Glenbrook North (41)- The was a great battle with Glenbrook North having the lead at the half and the Storm was able to turn the game around in the second half. The Storm were led by Sarah JnoBaptiste with 15 pts. Glenbrook North was led by junior Christina Christos with 14 pts.
- City 2 (48) def Wheeling (42) - Both teams had strong second halves in this battle. City 2 was led by #12 with 16pts and #31 with 12pts. Wheeling was led by junior Morgan Collar with 14 pts and senior Nosa Igiehon with 12pts.
- Hustle B (40) def Niles North (26)- The Hustle B team got out to an early lead and never looked back. Hustle B was led by Brianna Wooldridge with 14 pts and Gracie Gentleman with 13 pts. Niles North was led by #34 with 13 pts on 4 3-pointers.
- Rolling Meadows JV (31) def Maine East (29)- This was a great battle with both teams having good second halves after a slow, low scoring first half. Rolling Meadows JV was led by Kelly Boyle with 13 pts on 3 3-pointers. Maine East was led by Arieth Hernandez with 14 pts.
- Elk Grove (22) def Deerfield (18)- Both teams had a hard time scoring but this game came down to the end with Elk Grove pulling out the victory. Both teams had 6 girls scoring in their balanced attacks.
9/10th Grade League
Week 2 High Scorers:
- Madi Niedbala (Rolling Meadows 9)- 18 points
- #0 (Sparks)- 17 points
- #22 (New Trier White)- 17 points
- Emily Galvan (Rolling Meadows 9)- 15 points
- Peyton Seale (AIA Truding 8th)- 13 points
Week 2 Game Recaps:
- Rolling Meadows 9th (65) def The Press (32)- Rolling Meadows 9 put up some scoring this game. Madi Niedbala led Rolling Meadows 9 with 18 pts and Emily Galvan followed with 15 pts on 4 3-pointers, Stacy Dollia with 11 pts and Nicole Davis with 10pts. The Press were led by Alyssa Orozco with 11 pts.
- The Press (52) def AIA Jacobs 8th (39) - This was fast paced game with both teams having very balanced scoring attacks. Both teams really got after each other in the full court trying to speed each other up. This was an exciting game with AIA Jacobs getting the game down to 4 pts in the second half but The Press was able to pull away at the end.
- AIA Truding 8th (41) def Ida Crown (18)- The AIA Truding 8th Grade team had some great team defense which got them off to a strong start and never looked back. AIA Truding was led by Peyton Seale with 13 pts. Ida Crown had 5 girls make the scoring column.
- Sparks (30) def New Trier White (29)- In this exciting, back and forth game, the Sparks held onto the victory. Both teams high scorers had 17 pts. Both teams 6 girls hit the scoring column.
- New Trier Blue (46) def. Sky (40)- This was another good game as New Trier Blue pulled away late. New Trier Blue was led by Abby Ryan with 12 pts. The Sky were balanced in their scoring with 8 girls scoring.