Tryout Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to pre-register for tryouts? - We request that all players pre-register for tryouts online. If you are unable to pre-register online, registration will be available at the door at each tryout. (There is a $30 fee to tryout for ALL IN each season. The tryout fee will be applied to your son or daughter's team fee if you accept their team placement.)
- Does my child need to attend all of the tryouts? - There will be up to three tryout dates offered for each season. Attendance at all of the tryouts is encouraged, but is not required. We understand that many players have busy schedules. So your child will not be punished if they are only able to attend one tryout.
*Please note the $30 tryout fee is a ONE-TIME fee each season and covers every tryout at all locations (North, Northwest, Chicago, South and Lake/McHenry).*
- Should parents stay for the tryout? - We will host a parents meeting for the first 15 minutes of each tryout to go over what the season entails. We ask that at least one parent attends one parent meeting each season. Parents will be allowed to stick around and watch the remainder of the tryout after the parent meeting.
- What if my child cannot any of the tryouts offered? - If your child cannot attend at least one of the tryout dates offered, please contact email@example.com (boys) or firstname.lastname@example.org (girls) for other tryout options.
- What should I bring to tryouts? - Please arrive to the gym 15 minutes before your child's scheduled tryout time to check-in. Please wear athletic shoes and bring a water bottle. We also ask each player to please bring a basketball, as we will be doing individual skill work during each tryout.
Travel Team Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between ALL IN North, ALL IN Northwest, ALL IN Chicago, ALL IN Lake County, ALL IN McHenry County and ALL IN South? - ALL IN will be offering tryouts for teams in 4 different locations for boys and girls during each season. During the online tryout registration process, you will be able to select which location you are registering for.
- ALL IN North teams will practice in the North Suburbs, near Deerfield & Highland Park. (Boys & Girls)
- ALL IN Northwest teams will practice in the Northwest Suburbs, near Arlington Heights & Mount Prospect. (Boys & Girls)
- ALL IN Chicago teams will practice on the North Side of Chicago. (Boys & Girls)
- ALL IN Lake County teams will practice near Libertyville & Mundelein. (Boys & Girls)
- ALL IN McHenry County teams will practice near West Dundee & Elmhurst. (Boys & Girls)
- ALL IN South teams will practice near Lyons & La Grange. (Boys & Girls)
- Do you plan on offering other practice locations? - We are looking at adding satellite programs that offer ALL IN teams in different suburbs. Please email email@example.com to see if we will be offering teams in your area.
- How are teams formed? - Players will be evaluated at tryouts and teams will be formed based on school grade, skill level, and position. We plan to have multiple teams at each grade to accommodate for players at different playing levels. We put great detail into our evaluation process to ensure that team placement will be challenging and appropriate for each individual player.
- What if my child plays another sport or has another weekly conflict during the season? - We offer flexible practice and tournament scheduling for players that participate in more than one sport or that may have another pre-existing conflict during the season. We ask that you provide us with the known conflict and/or practice & game(s) schedule for your other activities so that we can do our best to plan around them.
- How many players are on each team? - There are no more than 10 players on each ALL IN travel team. We keep the rosters at 10 or less to assure playing time for each player. (We will place 11 players on a team only in instances where we know that several players will miss significant tournament time due to other conflicts during the season.)
- How much playing time will my child receive? - Players are guaranteed at least 40% playing time over the course of a tournament. Although we are trying to compete in tournament games, we believe it is more important to develop all players. (Coaches of elite teams do not have to follow this playing time rule. If your child is being placed on an elite team, you will be notified at the start of the season.)